SC - Generic, No-Frills SCA-Cooks' universal rant

Chris Peters cpeters at cinemagnetics.com
Tue Jan 6 06:03:52 PST 1998

browns at mail.intplsrv.net wrote:

> I agree with the following message and I'm a newcomer to this list.
> I have no idea what has already been covered, but since joining, I've
> been following the coffee, clay versus dutch oven, chicken (?),
> virtual stew, etc. discussions, holding my just operated on stomach
> to keep from hurting while giggling and thoroughly enjoying reading
> the messages.

Even some of the silliest ones have good pertinent information on them.
The master cooks here on this list have a wealth of experience and
knowledge here that cannot be beat. I have made a point of trying to
save the digests whenever possible ( Iwork between 7 machines and two
coasts alot so some stuff gets lost. sigh, grumble snort!)

> If I need period cooking info, this will be first place I turn to for
> information and I will expect some serious answers and accept silly
> ones too.  If we can't enjoy (That mean occasionally laugh at
> ourselves and joke and pick a bone with things we sometimes disagree
> with, gently)

The key word there being gently. This list has probably one of the
lowest flamerates I have ever seen.It makes me glad that personalities
dont clash as they do elsewhwere (it also could because food is a form
of universal language and we all want to "SPEAK" it <G>)

> even this small part of the dream, we don't need to be
> here.  And, I hope I don't offend someone with that statement.

I dont belive so. The offense ratio is low to almost nil here. I had the
pleasure of meeting Adamantius this past weekend at an event in Long
Island. To me it makes all of this worthwhile.

> HL Hellen Bales MacQueene

The ever curious
       Chris