SC - FW: "Majistery of Pearl"

Rodney K Zeigler zeig0006 at tc.umn.edu
Tue Jan 6 16:34:33 PST 1998

After the dissolving and precipitaion, it is most probably calcium tartrate
(correct me if I'm wrong, all you chemists out there!) and therefore not
pearl, which I am just bloody near sure is calcium carbonate, thereby
making it (informally) just really pretty chalk. Of course, this is
assuming that the Oil of Tartar in question is a tartrate.

Kent. Here for all your chemistry needs.