SC - re: trenchers

kat kat at kagan.com
Tue Jan 6 18:00:04 PST 1998

Corwyn writes:

> Tell me about it. We once researched donating leftovers to a food bank.
> Seems we could possibly get sued if something were wrong with any of the
> unused food. If anybody knows different I'd appreciate leads.

You're kidding!!!!!  What state do you live in???

We've never had a problem with this (though, admittedly, our usual procedure is to baggie the leftovers and give them away at the end of the night to feasters; the few times we have food-banked we've donated it through the church we were using for a site at the time.)

I've brought this up on the list before but no one had any other comments at the time--have any newcomers to the list had any experience dealing with food banks and getting rid of excess post-event food?

There's an indigent soul on my corner whose eyes light up every time he sees me coming with those half-dozen spare loaves of bread...

	- kat