SC - re: table manners

margali margali at 99main.com
Wed Jan 7 13:08:14 PST 1998

> <hee hee hee>  Every time my husband (undetermined persona as yet) and
> I (a 12th-century Irishwoman or Saxon, depending on what garb was
> clean) attempt the perfectly period practice of sharing a "trencher"
> or plate, we inevitably inspire someone or other to go around
> borrowing feast gear for us till we have "enough."  No one seems to
> understand that sometimes we WANT to eat with our fingers and share a
> plate and bowl...
>
>         - kat

well, i hight damhnait mab odharnait, ekenamed margali when i have early
celtic stuff, rahat lacoum when in persian, hypatia in byzantine and
grace of athy when in irish renn, and i have appropriate feastgear for
each one! and who i am depends also on what i grab or feel in the mood
for, though i confess to dressing near the year/location for the event.
diety of your choice preserve the poor heralds if i ever get
crowned-they made 2 aoa scrolls for me under 2 different names, but i
only got to keep one[sniff]margali