SC - Known World Arts and Sciences Symposium

Mary Morman memorman at oldcolo.com
Thu Jan 8 08:04:27 PST 1998

Gentles All,

I am arranging the class schedule for this year's Knowne World Arts and
Sciences Symposium.  It is being held on April 18th and 19th in Golden,
Colorado (Barony of Caerthe, Outlands).  We have a lovely site and are
planning a very interesting event.

If anyone would like to teach at the Symposium, please contact me soonest
with information on what you would like to teach, how long a class (1, 2,
or 3 hours), and what facilities you need.

In addition to the regular activities of the Symposium, which will have a
feast on Saturday evening, I would like to try to hold two 'special'
feasts - one on Friday evening, and one on Sunday evening - these would be
specific 'theme' feasts cooked from a particular era or source,
and prepared for a small number of people (30-50).  In other words, a
cooks feast, by and for cooks and those who appreciate period cooking.  If
anyone would like to volunteer to manage (or help with) one of these
feasts, please contact me.  It could be a chance to meet with cooks from
around the knowne world and share kitchens, cooking techniques, and
recipes.  As was done at 30-year, I will do advance shopping if people
send me lists, and the Dragonsspine cooks guild will provide necessary
cooking and serving equipment.

I would like to add, that I have contacted all of the crowns of the 13
kingdoms about finding teachers for this event, and also to suggest to
them that it is perfectly appropriate to spend kingdom funds on travel
expenses to send representatives to this interkingdom event.  So if you
would really like to attend and teach and represent your kingdom, but
don't have the necessary cash, try contacting your Crown with a proposal.
Can't hurt.  Might help.

In service,
Elaina
Elaina de Sinistre, OP