SC - Couple of questions for ya'll...

Fri Jan 9 11:10:37 PST 1998

>Caointiarn comments on something I said:
>
>> Too bad roasted garlic doesn't seem to be period.
>> Stefan li Rous
>
>        NO!  NO! say it isn't so!!   I adore garlic roasted and cloves used
>as
>spread rather than butter . . .especially for a meal in Lent
>---------
>
>Well, that was the consenus earlier on this list. I hope someone can
>prove this wrong, though.
>
>Do you mean you mix the roasted garlic and the cloves together? Or
>do you mean you make a separate clove spread? Either way, do you use
>powdered cloves?  I can't imagine using the hard little dark clove
>seeds in a spread as-is. Am I missing something?
>
>Seems like a strange combination together, but this list has me
>trying new things.
>
>Stefan li Rous

Not the spice, cloves, but cloves of garlic.  You extract the individual
cloves of garlic from a bulb of cooked garlic and spread it on bread
(especially fresh, hot bread, just from the oven).

Thinking about it, if you cut the top off of a bulb of garlic and boiled
it in a pan of chicken broth, you should get about the same effect as
roasting the bulb in a chicken broth (a method I prefer to just roasting
the garlic).

Bear