SC - almond milk

Tyrca Tyrca at aol.com
Fri Jan 9 15:52:33 PST 1998

<< Another question just occured to me. Has anyone ever charted the fast
 days when almond milk was used instead of animal milk? What happens
 if you stop milking your livestock during these times? Does the milk
 dry up? Or were these times when the milk wasn’t generally available
 anyway? Or would they have continued milking the animals and just
 thrown out the milk (which I doubt) or make products that would
 keep such as cheese?

I think you are right.  Lent is in the early spring, starting with Ash
Wednesday (usually some time in February) and ending at Easter.  This is about
Lambing and Calving time, and pregnant livestock do not produce milk, that
only comes after the babies are weaned, and you continue milking the animal.
So there wasn't any milk available that time of year, anyway.

Tyrca