SC - Romertopf?

Par Leijonhuvud pkl at absaroka.obgyn.ks.se
Sun Jan 11 22:58:18 PST 1998

On Fri, 9 Jan 1998, Tyrca wrote:

> Are these the things that are sometimes shaped like a chicken or a fish?  I
> have never really known how to use one of these, as we never had them around
> when I was a kid learning to cook.

The ones I've seen are plain, unglaced terracotta. Most (all?) of them
need presoaking in cold water for 15-20 minutes, and to start in a cold
oven. Start playing with it by tossing all the stew ingredients into it,
go easy (or omit them totally) on the liquids (trust me, I think I know
what I'm doing) and put in the oven and wait until done.

/UlfR

- --
Par Leijonhufvud                  par.leijonhufvud at labtek.ki.se
PGP fingerprint = 76 3B 11 28 79 39 87 C0  DC 4C 1F 4C C0 1F 1E 89
/earth is 98% full. Please remove any excess inhabitants.