SC - Re: Saracen Bruet

Crystal A. Isaac crystal at pdr-is.com
Tue Jan 13 08:54:53 PST 1998

Peters, Rise J. (=Caitlin) wrote:

I've found that lotsa recipes with with "Saracen" in the name are
supposed to turn out red. For a better red color next time try making
the almond milk with wine instead of water or adding a little saunders
or other period red food coloring. These wil not turn out as "red-red"
as modern food, which will make it look a little off to modern eyes; but
getting used to how medieval food looks is someoing we (or at least I)
need to do anyway.

just my two cents,
Crystal of the Westermark

snip