SC - onion soup - IP

Christi Redeker Christi.Redeker at digital.com
Wed Jan 14 05:50:24 PST 1998

Chimene wrote:

>> Why isn't your almond milk white?  Mine was, umpty years ago...
completely white.  Of course, I didn't have much in the way of
fingertips left, after having blanched and slipped the skins off x-many
pounds of bulk almonds, before we blenderized 'em.

Just curious,
Chimene

I had taken blanched almonds, ground them in my coffee grinder, then
made the almond milk.  I strained the milk so I would only have the
liquid left.  I made it with white wine and it came out a clearish off
white looking liquid.  It wasn't white like milk, it was really ugly,
like something I can't describe without grossing people out!

Murkial

Christi Redeker
Digital Equipment Corporation
Colorado Springs, Colorado