SC - Mastodon

Thu Jan 15 11:01:43 PST 1998

>After several attempts to follow the sometimes too vague instructions for
>it's
>preparation which necessitated slight changes and not a few conjectural
>choices, one question keeps popping up in my mind> How do you get the d**n
>thing into the stock pot!!? :-0
>
>Ras

The Edwards Island (I believe that is the correct location) is rather
small and after being dressed out should fit handily in a four foot
diameter cauldron (the kind apparently widely sold to cannibal tribes).
Larger mammoths and mastodons, I recommend quartering and slow roasting.
 The real problem is gathering enough gourmands to avoid left overs, the
turkey at Thanksgiving and Christmas is bad enough.

Bear