SC - kosher

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Thu Jan 15 11:35:49 PST 1998

Phillipa Seton asked:
>I have been looking & looking but I cannot find definite references to what
>medieval Jews ate. Can anyone point me in the right direction?  Thanks.

Try this new file in the FOOD section of my Stefan’s Florilegium:
fd-Jewish-msg     (17K)  1/ 7/98    Jewish medieval food. Sources.

There are several sources given in this file, though no cookbooks, and an
article from the New York Times with several recipes and redactions.

I think I mentioned this file last week. It is now at the website
which is: http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net