SC - SC-German food in period

Mike C. Baker kihe at rocketmail.com
Fri Jan 16 18:33:58 PST 1998

Struggling to retrieve my limited knowledge of der Deutschsprech,
and hoping I don't embarrass myself too completely:

- ---jeffrey s heilveil <heilveil at students.uiuc.edu> (Bogdan) wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Jan 1998, Decker, Terry D. wrote:
> > > Ah Bavaria.  The only place in Germany where the drinking
> > > per capita is increasing instead of decreasing.
> > > So I guess the typical food would be... bier? :-)
> > >Bogdan
> > Nein mein Herr.  Schnitzle mit Bier.  Rostbrauten mit Bier.
> > Sauerbraten mit Bier.  Rippchen mit Bier.  Mann kein est Bier!
> > Bier ist zu trinken!
> > Bear
> Deine bier ist nicht so dick.
> Alle beir sollst mit ein gable essen sein.
> Bogdan

Bear
(Man cannot [wasn't meant to] eat Beer. Beer is to drink.!)

Bogdan
{Your beer isn't very thick.
All beer should be eaten with a [spoon?]}

<Kitchen Idiot retreateth>
===
Adieu -- Amra / Pax ... Kihe / TTFN -- Mike
(al-Sayyid) Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra  /
Kihe Blackeagle (the Dreamsinger Bard) /
Mike C. Baker: My opinions are my own -- no one else would want them!
Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/Area51/8661
Alt. e-mail: KiheBard at aol.com, MikeCBaker at aol.com