SC - Kuskenoles

Charles McCathieNevile charlesn at sunrise.srl.rmit.edu.au
Wed Jan 21 04:54:43 PST 1998

Yep, them.

I am planning to try an actual Kuskenole made as a kind of jam roly-poly.
ie make an egg pastry, a bit like a cake mix (the ggs are specifically
mentioned in the AngloNorman version, the earliest I know of) which need
not be sweet. Put the fruit on top, and then fold the thing over and over
as per the diagram. I figure the fruit will sweeten it, the eggs will
make the pastry light enough, and the whole thing will come out OK.

I'll let y'all know how it goes

Charles Ragnar