SC - Private-auction

Nick Sasso grizly at mindspring.com
Fri Jan 23 19:21:22 PST 1998

LrdRas wrote:

> In a message dated 1/22/98 7:14:43 PM Eastern Standard Time, crystal at pdr-
> is.com writes:
>
> << According to the directives recently handed down by the BOD (in response
>  to the SCA insurers having kittins on this subject) boil down to: NO
>  OFFICER OF THE SCA MAY MAKE AVALIBLE ALCOHOL TO ANYBODY.
> >>................<<SNIP>>>
> ............Would it be possible to e-mail me the exact wording that the section
> you cite
> contains? Or provide information where I can look at it myself? I had intended
> my post to be humorous. Little did I realize that I would stumble across such
> horrifying news.
>
> I certainly  was not offended by your post and did not take it as a personal
> attack. Thank-you in advance for your responce.
>
> Ras

The actual wording, I am am searching for after this post.  There was great debate
and upheaval among an inter-kingdom brewing group (of which I am a member) when
this came out.  Our mundanely employed as an attorney advisor researched and found
the wording to be a bit different than insinuated above.

The words had the language that included prohibition of using SCA funds to provide
alcohol, except for cooking.  This was in regards to alcohol liability rider to
our corporate insurance policy.  It relieves SCA, Inc. from liability in
situations where alcohol is involved.  Many people have read this and interpreted
it as a ban on alcoholic beverages and the performance of arts associated with
it.  You'll find that not the case.

I will post the ruling when I have retrieved it from archive.

fra niccolo
Knaves of Grain