SC - coffe and tea at events

Tara Sersen ladycharissa at geocities.com
Sat Jan 24 17:41:55 PST 1998

One minor point on this argument...  There are an awful lot of people
who have very real addictions to caffiene.  If everyone were to cut out
coffee and tea for, say, Pensic, you'd have an awful lot of very sick
people in short order.  I go into withdrawal in about 36 hours, and my
roommate goes into it in less than 24.  In this case, I think it really
IS a matter of practicality, and about finding ways to fit it in
inconspicuously.

Incidentally, I became addicted to caffiene in college, where the water
was just plain scary and the coffee was much cheaper on campus than
anything else.  It took me months to figure out why I got migraine-type
headaches every weekend... I had no idea I was addicted!  The addiction
was entirely physical.  I just never thought to drink caffiene on the
weekends.  I was so disgusted thatI tried to stop it cold-turkey... very
bad idea.  I'm now very conciously drinking only one or two cups a day.

Moral of the story is that this is something that, due to mundane
reasons, can be a distinct necessity.  But, it IS something that can be
hidden very easily.

Just my 0.02

Marjorie