SC - Buffalo- Washingto

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Mon Jan 26 14:29:54 PST 1998

Dodos, if you were a sailor in the appropriate area.

phlip at morganco.net

Never a horse that cain't be rode,

- ----------
:
:                       RE>>SC - Buffalo- Washington?                1/26/98
:
: <snip>actually, there is a fairly largish population of indigenous
buffalo in
: European forest.  I'll look for recipes/references for when they
proliferated
: where. They are probably distant relatives to the North American Bion, and
: therefore, probably, a reasonable substitue.
: niccolo
: <snip>
:
: Yes! They are very rare now, I think there are some still running free in
: very small piece of primeval Polish forest, but they would have been
fairly
: prolific, and more wide spread in early period I would think.  Somebody
: earlier brought up bustard birds as something that was eaten in period
and is
: now extinct... are there other animals that would have been commonly
eaten in
: period that no longer exist?
: -brid
: