SC - cc:Mail Link to SMTP Undeliverable Message

Frank Welsh fwelsh at primavera.com
Tue Jan 27 04:35:45 PST 1998

- --simple boundary

Message is undeliverable.
Reason: Unable to access cc:Mail Post office.
	Please retry later.
Original text follows:
- ---------------------

- --simple boundary

Date: Tue, 27 Jan 98 01:56:17 -0500
From: "Frank Welsh"<fwelsh at primavera.com>
To: <sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG>
Subject: SC - cc:Mail Link to SMTP Undeliverable Message

From: LrdRas <LrdRas at aol.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 20:08:00 EST
To: sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG
Subject: SC - Chickens-Research
Sender: owner-sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG

In a message dated 1/26/98 2:02:18 PM Eastern Standard Time, ddfr at best.com
writes:

<< You might want to check out the article in the Miscellany on period fruit
 varieties.  The main source is the catalog of Southmeadow Nurseries,
 obviously the work of a well informed enthusiast.

 On the more general issue, while getting period varieties often requires
 you to produce them yourself (not always--summer rambo is still grown
 commercially, or was a few years back), getting information about them
 doesn't.  If one person raises chickens of a variety known to have been
 common in period he can weigh the eggs and tell the rest of us, thus
 reducing at least one small source of uncertainty in the recipes.

 David/Cariadoc >>

I am awed by your past efforts at growing period varieties and I you have my
deepest sympathies for your loss in abandoning them.  If you will give me some
time I can contact several chicken fanciers/poultry professionals/agricultural
departments to try to find the information you seek with regard to the size of
eggs.  I will need to know which specific areas (e.g., countries) you are
interested in so I can find out the information on the breeds that were
commonly used in that area.  I will also try to be careful to document my
sources with names, etc.  I realize that you can do this yourself but I am
really interested in this and I would be happy to add any inquiries you may
have to my chicken research.

Ras