SC - OP cake recipe

Marisa Herzog marisa_herzog at macmail.ucsc.edu
Thu Jan 29 14:35:46 PST 1998

                      OP cake recipe                               1/29/98

At last years x-mas work party there was the most amazing cake- and I managed
to get the recipe, after promising I would never make it for a work party.  I
never promised I wouldn't share it tho'...
so to contribute to the list in a fashion other than my usual useless
comments...
the recipe also appears to multiply well x4 makes a lovely big cake- don't
multiply the whipped cream tho- unless you are into that ;)
- -brid
Haselnusstorte

makes 1 10in cake

6 eggs separated
1 whole egg
1 cup ground hazelnuts
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup bread crumbs
1 tsp flour

filling:
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 T sugar
1 tsp vanilla

preheat oven to 275.  beat egg yolks and whole egg together, until thick and
lite yellow.  gradually beat in 1/2 cup sugar, nuts and bread crumbs.
beat egg whites until foamy, gradually add 1/4 cup sugar and beat until stiff.
mix 1/4 egg whites into nut/yolk mixture.  sprinkle flour over this, then
gently fold in the rest of the whites.
butter and flour springform pan, pour batter in, smooth, bake 35-45 mins.
remove pan sides, cool cake, slice into layers.
fill and frost with whipped cream, decorate with more ground hazelnuts.