SC - coffe and tea at events

Gedney, Jeff Gedney.J at tempphd1.com
Fri Jan 30 11:21:16 PST 1998

> Sorry, Brandu, I did not intend to criticise, was only intending to
> open up
> options and make suggestions.
No Offense taken Philippa, my statement was not directed at you
specifically.
I just have problems with people who arrogantly assume that, because
they have the resources to be "authentic" then when anyone does less it
is because of a lack of commitment, or whatever.  I know a few people
like that.
I do not discourage the pursuit of authenticity, but I decry it's use as
a defining characteristic of participation.
I wholly support the "Enchanted Campground" methodology, and would love
to spin and weave my own tartans, for example.  I know how, and I know
how to build a loom and everything, but I simply do not have time or
room. I cannot afford to buy or make a Pavilion or the other
accoutrements that would fit me into such a campground.  Not yet, at any
rate!
It is the "authenticity bludgeoning" that I decry.
It is a bit of a sore spot with me, and If I bit your head off, I
apologize.

Brandu