SC - Byzantine Cooking (Long)

David Friedman ddfr at best.com
Thu Jan 1 22:31:00 PST 1998

>*Hot Tea and Arabic Coffee

Coffee comes into the Islamic world in late period; does anyone know when
tea makes its appearance, and when? With the Mongols? It doesn't get to
Europe until quite late--17th c. for England.

Also, note that "remove" is not, despite SCA practice, a period term for
"course." "Course" is.

>Does anyone know----esp. His Grace Cariadoc---if any of the historical
>Arabic volumes some of the Miscellany is based on are published in English
>Translation, with simply the original text?

Al-Baghdadi and Ibn al Mubarad are in the first Volume of the cookbook
collection I sell (and have been published elsewhere, although not in
things easy to find); Manuscrito Anonimo is in the second volume.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/