SC - Re:coffee, tea or sugar

LrdRas LrdRas at aol.com
Sat Jan 3 16:33:23 PST 1998

<< Ok ok now you all must remember that if todays folks were to drink real
 coffee you would gag as from what I have seen and talked to people it was
 very thick and sweet.....the best was so thick you could stand a spoon in
 it....not like the colored water drank today....now that is only what I have
 been told and read please know my library is packed so cannot get the
 reference.... >>

This is indeed correct, a lump was knocked off a block of sugar into the pot
and the coffee was boiled and boiled and boiled some more. :-)

As a side note, IIRC,  the Tibetans make tea extraordinarily strong and mix it
with rancid yak butter into a sort of a paste that they eat.

Ras