SC - Fw: [Fwd: [Ermine] In Memory Of Jafar]

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Sun Jan 4 06:54:35 PST 1998

A second perspective.

phlip at morganco.net

Never a horse that cain't be rode,

- ----------
: Date: Saturday, January 03, 1998 18:35:53
: From: Beverly Roden
: To: bwintermute at juno.com
: Cc: spot at dnaco.net.

: Subject: [Fwd: [Ermine] In Memory Of Jafar]
:
: Greetings from Alexis
:
: Ernie sums up much of what happened at the funeral home - what he missed
: was that the Knights did not break Jafar's chain - they formed a human
: chain of Chivalry (there were about 20 at the graveside services, and
: around 30 attended the services, both Friday's visitation and today's
: funeral).  Duke Dagan spoke of the loss of their brother knight, and
: stated that they, as The Chivalry, must now step up their efforts on His
: Behalf.  Others spoke a word or two, then Palymar broke the human
: chain.  Then Sir Pieter van Doorn said he had the priviledge of swearing
: fealty to His Highness Jafar at the hospital, and suggested this would
: be an appropriate time for them to re-affirm their Oath of Fealty to Her
: Highness, Kenna.  Which they proceeded to do - they all knelt in the
: grass and recited their oath. (lead by His Majesty, Palymar)  Kenna
: began sobbing as they began speaking, and was held up by Mistress Ghita
: and Lady Lorelei (who is Kenna's apprentice sister to Catherine de la
: Rose).  Many who were standing nearby that witnessed this moving scene
: began crying (yup, me too). I spoke with Count Sir Ronin (who knighted
: Jafar) afterward, expressing my respect and admiration for these actions
: by the Chivalry.  He told me there were members of the Chivalry who
: began to cry, as well, and could not finish reciting their oath, but all
: had sworn their fealty in their hearts.
:
: Her Highness, Kenna, was embraced by every member of the Chivalry
: present after they had sworn their fealty.
:
: As a side note, I was told that Their Highness of the East, Timothy and
: Gabriella attended the visitation Friday night, paying Their respects to
: both Kenna and Scott Hall's family. They left for home Friday night to
: attend an Eastern event that was held Saturday.  (I was priviledged to
: meet and work with them during Pennsic 24 when They were King and Queen
: - They are wonderful, caring people.)
:
: Thank you Master Erik for your summation of today's sad events.  I sat
: in the front row with Sir William and Lady Isolde.  Perhaps tomorrow I
: can write more of what I was fortunate enough to hear of the service.
:
: Regareds, Alexis MacAlister (remembering the fun times we who were
: Jafar's Curia were priviledged to have)