SC - Food donations-OOP

LrdRas LrdRas at aol.com
Sun Jan 4 07:29:38 PST 1998

<< We once researched donating leftovers to a food bank. Seems
 we could possibly get sued if something were wrong with any of the unused
 food. If anybody knows different I'd appreciate leads.

 Corwyn >>

In the 5 years that I was director of the Mission Harvest program at St.
Anthony's Center, not once did we question the source of donated food. I do
not know the law in PA, but when you feed hundreds of starving and
undernourished people each day, it was a policy of ask no questions .Many
secular food banks are , in fact, little commercial enterprises designed to
enrich the directors and have all kinds of bizaare rules. My suggestion is
find a Catholic or other church affiliated soup kitchen and/or mission, and
you will have no problem with them accepting the gift of food in what ever
form it takes.

Ras