SC - uses for hardboiled egg whites

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Mon Jan 5 13:03:10 PST 1998

Yesterday for an event with a potluck feast I prepared some sage sauce to
go with the ham that the event hosts were providing. The original recipe
was from *Two Fifteenth-century Cookery Books 1430-1450, England and France*
and I used Siobhan Medhbh redaction in her *Traveling Dyshes* book.

Anyway, I now have eight hardboiled egg whites that I would like to use up
since the recipe only called for hardboiled egg yolks. Does anyone have
any suggestions, either modern or period, although I would prefer the latter.

I've glanced through several of my medieval cookbooks, but they are indexed
by resulting recipe type, not food contents.

I guess I could always chop them up and use them in salads. *The Joy of
Cooking* says they will keep a week or two. I also want to thank those on
this list for suggesting this cookbook a while back. It seems my mother-in-law
gave each of her son-in-laws a copy of this book for Christmas. And when I
wasn't sure how to hardboil an egg for this recipe, I knew to look it up
in this book thanks to the discussions here. I told you I was a newbie cook!

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net