SC - Rose Soda redaction questions

Mordonnade Mordonnade at aol.com
Sun Jan 4 19:25:35 PST 1998

<<
 I've gotten the impression that seething is a hard simmer or a soft boil,
 just from the context of the recipes I've seen. Opinions, anyone?
 Adamantius, I know you're out there.

I am certainly no authority, but in my family, tea is "steeped", never boiled.
A teapot is heated, then hot water is poured over  the tea in it, and it is
covered and allowed to "steep" for several minutes.  Is it possible that
"seethed" has degenerated into "steeped" in modern language?

Mordonna