SC - Soups...

Dan Gillespie dangilsp at intrepid.net
Tue Jan 6 07:39:56 PST 1998

HI Ras:
        One recipe that I posted a little while back might be of
interest.....the Olla Podrida, from the ever popular Arte de Cozina :-)  It
is basically any type of meat close to hand plus chickpeas & turnips,
flavored with mustard & parsley.  Interestingly, onions are not used.  Hope
this helps,
                                                Antoine

><< What starches were used in period soups? barley, I'm pretty sure of.
> Pasta? bread, yes at least in onion soups. Turnips? Other grains? >>
>
>I would be most interested in any info on period soups. My current research
>indicates that period soups/stews (or at least period recipes for the same are
>pretty much the meat-onion-spice combo with no extraneous vegies or other
>ingredients.
>
>Ras

Dan Gillespie
dangilsp at intrepid.net