SC - Steppes 12th Night

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Tue Jan 6 12:47:27 PST 1998

Okay, I'm back.

Here is pretty much the final menu for the feast I'm cooking this weekend.

I am using documentation for all recipes as well as what I believe is a period
format. It will be in three parts, two courses and a sideboard of finger foods.

On the table: Bread and honey

1st Course:

Roast Pork with Garlic/Pepper and Strawberry sauces.
Lombardy brewet in bread bowls.
"A dish of lentils" (lentil salad)
Saffron rice.
Apple slices dipped in batter and griddled.

2nd Course:

Beef Collops in spiced broth.
Chicken in citrus sauce.
Peascods in butter.
Mushroom pasty.
Carrot & Parsnip Tart.
Boiled cream tart.

Platters:

Cuskynoles (I used the cuskynole filling in a folded wonton wrapper)
Toasted Cheese bread.
Dates, Apples, Pears, etc...

I will have handouts at the gate about the feast with ingredients, documentation
and any special notes.

Also all servers will be let in for half price and will be fed before the feast so
they may concentrate on serving.

I'm cooking for 400.

I will go into details about the feast and the preparation next week if I don't
commit suicide by then.

Yers,

Gunthar