SC - Any comments?

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Tue Jan 6 08:43:22 PST 1998

Sabia of St Kildas asked for comments on two cookbooks:

I just picked up two books today that I would like feedback on if anybody
is familier with them.  The first is Savoring The Past by Barbara Ketcham
Wheaton, Univ of Penn Press 1983 and the other is English Medieval Feast
by William Edward Mead, Houghton Mifflin Co, 1931.  Both seem to have some
interesting bits, but I am sure (especially the 1931 book) have some
erroneous data.  If anybody has comments on these books please e-mail me.
- ----------------

Jaelle of Armida's bibliography, which can be found as this file in the FOOD
section of my Florilegium has this to say about the first one:

Wheaton, Barbara Ketcham. SAVORING THE PAST. The French
Kitchen and Table from 1300 to 1789. University of Pennsylvania Press.
1983.  A well written and put together book on French food/foodways.
A small number of original recipes with modern redactions.
RECOMMENDED.

The second book doesn't show up in any of the four cookbook files I checked.

Where did you find these? If there are more, I'd probably be interested.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net