SC - Whipping cream

Gedney, Jeff Gedney at executone.com
Fri Jan 9 06:38:12 PST 1998

> > : Curious...;-) What wexactly is the nasty dangerous thing they do?
>
> The "nasty" part is not simply in the potential for abuse.  Because
> the
> body and brain cells which require
<snip>

> .  Inhaling N2O from a balloon
> or a soda/whipped cream charger as is the usual route will not kill a
> person directly, but the loss of consciousness which can result has
> led to
> injuries and even deaths (falling and causing blunt trauma to the head
> etc.)  I'm not being an alarmist, I've seen it.

When I was in college, we had one incident where (at a "mixer")  some of
the guys were inhaling the no2 from the used whipped cream bottles.
Apparently, one of the guys took a big hit off one bottle that was not
fully empty...   and nearly drowned!    The ER personnel said that it
was not all that uncommon in college towns...
Darwinian evolution at its best!

To return to topic though, Does anyone have any Ideas when whipping egg
whites and/or cream started?   I would like to know how pound cake was
done in period, if whipped whites were not a technique. I have in mind a
dessert with whipped cream, fruit compote, and a base of sponge or pound
cake.

Brandu