SC - kosher

margali margali at 99main.com
Sun Jan 11 07:41:01 PST 1998

> I'll bet it wasn't pork.  NO I'm not...well...yes I am kind of joking
> (just
> can't help it:-), but think about it.  Other than those foods
> forbidden by
> the Torah, and using kosher ingredients, why assume they ate anything
> different from everybody else?
>
> Probably missing the point, Puckÿ

well, aside from the requirement for slaughter  to be done specifically,
the need for things from the sea to have scales, no pork, cant mix dairy
and meat/meat by products and other proscriptions....people like what
they are raised with, and many times the jews were refugees from some
other country whose king decided he didnt want them around
anymore....what they ate was sometimes quite different than what the
people around them ate. do you know how to make motza brei?
lol margali