SC - Fw: [Mid] PALE event terminology

Wed Jan 14 07:53:40 PST 1998

>Oh, Lordy, here we go again. Comments, anybody?
>
>phlip at morganco.net
>
>: Subject: [Mid] PALE event terminology

Note:  I am presuming that the editor and the Chronicler are the same
person.

I think the editor of the PALE may be causing irritation without due
cause.  Why should it concern the editor that the person in charge of
the feast be called a Feast Steward?  What the editor should be
concerned with is the clarity of the announcement and that all of the
pertinent information be be included.  At various times, I've used the
titles, Chef, Head Cook, and Kuchenmeister, but the event announcement
said, "Feast reservations:."

The writer of the complaint feels that the Chronicler's choice of titles
denigrates his art and offers personal insult.  The Chronicler's
enforced titles are bureaucratic trivia rather than a major step to
improve the quality of announcements.  As we are presumed to be an
Organization based on honor and courtesy, I believe the Chronicler would
be best advised to withdraw the enforced titles and establish and
enforce regulations which make substantive improvements in event
announcements.

Event announcements are improved by setting editorial guidelines about
the information to be provided, deadlines, space limitations, clearly
drawn maps, and clean, camera-ready copy, enforced by a clearly stated
fee structure (additional space fees, rewrite fees, late fees, etc.).
These actions draw tremendous criticsm.  The Chronicler doesn't need the
additional heat from irritating people needlessly.

Bear