SC - SC-German food in period

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Wed Jan 14 20:27:52 PST 1998

Hi all from Anne-Marie:
Cariadoc says about medieval French food:
> As distinguished from medieval English food? I would have said that they
> were pretty much the same cuisine. Or are you lumping the two together,
on
> the theory that England was merely a French province, gastronomically
> speaking?

heh. who me? (french girl here looks oh-so-innocent...)

Seriously, yes, I would agree that medieval French and medieval English are
pretty much the same thing,  until at least Chiquart, when you start to see
citrus as a souring agent as opposed to the ubiquitous verjuice/vinegar.

- --AM