SC - kosher

jeffrey s heilveil heilveil at students.uiuc.edu
Thu Jan 15 22:11:33 PST 1998

On Thu, 15 Jan 1998, Mark.S Harris wrote:

<snip>
> Try this new file in the FOOD section of my Stefan’s Florilegium:
> fd-Jewish-msg     (17K)  1/ 7/98    Jewish medieval food. Sources.
>
> There are several sources given in this file, though no cookbooks, and an
> article from the New York Times with several recipes and redactions.
<snip>

That NYTs thing is odd though.  The "matzoh" mentioned wouldn't be kosher
for passover, one of the few times when e'en the liberal among us mess
with our eating habits.  I was wondering what other people though of that
one.  I went back and grabbed some of the text (so that's why my fiance is
a grad in Judaic Studies, fuel for cooking debates) and sure enough, only
bread and water are allowed...

Bogdan