SC - Cuskynole Codgers

LrdRas LrdRas at aol.com
Sat Jan 17 19:30:12 PST 1998

In a message dated 1/17/98 7:00:47 PM Eastern Standard Time,
TerryD at Health.State.OK.US writes:

<< I presume the "remove plate and scales" is an understood step in the
 redaction.

 Bear >>

M'lord,

If I may be so bold? IMHO, removal of the plate and scales is not indicated in
this recipe as I read it.

Soaking the  creature in the vinegar marinade mentioned by Mother Margali
would soften it's playtes and scales much like the shell on a hard-boiled egg
softens when soaked in vinegar. Although I have never tried this particular
recipe becuase of religious reasons (e.g. the creature in is sacred to my
caln), we are not forbidden it's eggs and I assure you that the shell softens
considerable upon vinegar exposure.

My apologies in advance for taking up band-width with a non-cooking topic ,
but I found it interesting that the softened shell of the egg upon being
treated with a solution of ground oak bark/leaves nad water from the Sacred
Spring becomes  leathery and is useful for  a covering.

Ras