SC - Auction Item Deletion

Crystal A. Isaac crystal at pdr-is.com
Thu Jan 22 16:03:07 PST 1998

The popping noise you hear are the gaskets in my head. [Ras, I'm sure
you're a nice person, and if I were somebody who wasn't a brewers' guild
chancellor I'd have thought your post was funny, pleasepleaseplease do
not take the following as an attack on yourself.]

According to the directives recently handed down by the BOD (in response
to the SCA insurers having kittins on this subject) boil down to: NO
OFFICER OF THE SCA MAY MAKE AVALIBLE ALCOHOL TO ANYBODY. This includes
every officer from the kingdom scheschale to the sitting royalty to the
lowliest chonicler of a tiny local branch in the middle of nowhere.

THIS INCLUDES AUCTIONS! If this auction that keeps appearing on the
cooks' list has been annouced in the kingdom newsletter, or if the money
raised is going to be used by the SCA or its officers, then it is an
offical part of an SCA event. If these things are true then you cannot
auction alcohol in any form. Not homebrew, not cordials made with
purchased alcohol, not anything!

The cutsey bending of the rules by claiming that you are buying a
bottle, not alcohol, is an invitation to have minors purchasing alcohol.
This is bad. It against the honor and honesty we hold dear. We have had
enough trouble with minors and alcohol in the past few months. (want
more details, e-mail me privatly, crystal at pdr-is.com)

Sorry for the rant. I'll get down off the soapbox and find a place under
the rock.
Crystal of the Westermark