SC - Re: Stroganoff

Varju Varju at aol.com
Fri Jan 23 11:44:40 PST 1998

<< Their version is very quickly sauteed,
 contains no paprika (but does include marjoram or savory, IIRC), and
 contains red wine and sour cream, but no stock. The wine is supposed to
 deglaze the pan, which flavors the wine with the meat juices. >>

This sounds very similar to the first Hungarian dish I ever tried, Marjoram
Tokany.  I have also heard my Sour Vetrece refered to as a Stroganoff.  I
wonder how closely related all of these dishes are?

Noemi