SC - Feast and Budget planning

Charles McCathieNevile charlesn at sunrise.srl.rmit.edu.au
Sat Jan 24 18:11:46 PST 1998

We ask for, and offer a discount (usually 25% or so) pre-reg. This gives
us an idea about budget, and then I work reasonably hard on a
guesstimate, and go with it. (We are talking small here, so it is not as
difficult)
As a rule i overcater. This is done by putting things on the menu that i
may not bother preparing - for example I can make meatballs, or I can
freeze the mincemeat and do something with it another day. The largest
feast I have done is about 150, and the problem was not working out how
to feed them - that seemed to fall into place quite easily, but how to
seat them - we didn't own that many tables and chairs. But I can see that
expanding the numbers makes it harder to cover over-runs - whether i feed
30 or 130 i end up with about 1 gallon of food left. I guess i could
explain about being hungry in a famine...

charles