SC - alcohol reimbursements

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Mon Jan 26 09:23:12 PST 1998

<HTML><FONT  SIZE=3 PTSIZE=10>In a message dated 1/26/98 11:46:03 AM Eastern
Standard Time, mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com writes:<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT  SIZE=3 PTSIZE=10><< Since Ansteorra will not reimburse me for<BR>
 any alcohol >><BR>
 <BR>
Such a stand is patently absurd and not in keeping with the silly new rule
which emphatically states that funds CAN be used to purchase alcohol necessary
for cooking.  This is another off the wall spin-off similar to the auction
thing.  A matter of misguided people interpreting the rules in ways they were
not meant to be interpreted.  If it were me I would point out this blatant
misinterpretation of Corpora to higher authorities before this abuse of
authority and power spreads any further. :-0 At the very least, I would start
the grievance procedure as outline in Corpora for reimbursement of these funds
which they had no right to withhold.  Unfortunately the cost recovered would
probably not cover the cost of grieving.  But the principle is what counts and
at least we would get an "official" interpretation instead of the hodgepodge
of over reactionary interpretations we now have.<BR>
<BR>
I am collecting examples of misguided interpretations of SCA policy by those
who hold office.  This sounds like another example of the bizarre propensity
for the kingdoms to over extend their control of the populace beyond the
written policy. <BR>
<BR>
I am collecting as many examples of abuse of power as I can to see if this is
something rampant in the SCA or just a minor brain hiccup on the part of those
who are currently in control.  From the information I hope to write a small
booklet for submission to the SCA-Inc. covering ways of governing soundly
within the guidelines of the SCA.  It is very apparent from the last 5 or 6
yrs. that such a guide is long over due.  If anyone has other examples or
positive ideas on how to administer wisely without going beyond the bounds of
actual policy as written, please e-mail me privately. <BR>
<BR>
Ras</HTML>