SC - Buffalo- Washingto

Marisa Herzog marisa_herzog at macmail.ucsc.edu
Mon Jan 26 09:39:32 PST 1998

                      RE>>SC - Buffalo- Washington?                1/26/98

<snip>actually, there is a fairly largish population of indigenous buffalo in
European forest.  I'll look for recipes/references for when they proliferated
where. They are probably distant relatives to the North American Bion, and
therefore, probably, a reasonable substitue.
niccolo
<snip>

Yes! They are very rare now, I think there are some still running free in a
very small piece of primeval Polish forest, but they would have been fairly
prolific, and more wide spread in early period I would think.  Somebody
earlier brought up bustard birds as something that was eaten in period and is
now extinct... are there other animals that would have been commonly eaten in
period that no longer exist?
- -brid