SC - alcohol reimbursements

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Tue Jan 27 08:29:43 PST 1998

> I agree with you.  But unfortunately, when I asked the kingdom seneschal
> about this, I was told that a group had taken advantage of this ruling
> and bought alcohol for 'feast' that was then consumed and not used to
> cook.   I really want to try and get the law changed.  Maybe enough of
> us Ansteorran cooks can come up with a viable alternative to this! what
> do you think?
>
> meadhbh

I agree with you, meadhbh.  We have gone round-and-round with the Seneschal on
this issue. It is very difficult to reproduce period recipes without using some
form of alcohol but the Ansteorran rules state that we are not allowed to use
SCA funds even though it is not prohibited per Corpora. Perhaps we could ask to
attend a GOofS meeting and present our case.

I know I bought around 5 gallons of wine for 12th Night and 1/2 gallon of brandy
for Coronation. I decided I didn't want to spring for 75 cups of ale so I used
a regular pancake batter for my fritters.

I know the responsible cooks of this kingdom would not abuse this policy but that
probably won't fly for the rules enforcers.

Maybe I should win next Crown and enforce my will, whaddya say?

Yers,

Gunthar