SC - Cubebs or Sen-Sen?

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Thu Jan 29 14:10:18 PST 1998

Greetings!  Rather than post the text of Harold Hill's monologue in
Seventy-Six Trombones... or whatever... I'm not sure he says "cubeb".
He does, at one point, say "Sen-Sen" which are small, squarish, black
things (about a quarter of the size of one's little fingernail) that
has a very strong licorish flavor.  I myself personally used them as a
grade-schooler to cover up the odor of cigarettes on my breath after I
had tried a few...mostly hand-rolled corn silk ones, rolled in toilet
paper, but a few Camels were also tried.  My mother caught on pretty
quick.

Alys Katharine, who always follows the "straight and narrow" now