SC - Re: almond milk

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Fri Jan 30 13:22:25 PST 1998

Greetings!  I haven't tried Cariadoc's towel method for getting the
skins off almonds but sqooshing them between your fingers works fine,
or taking them between your hands and rubbing them together.  It's a
good project for when you are watching tv!  I usually let the almonds
sit in the boiling water (which is now cooling off) for 5 minutes,
sometimes longer.  If a particular almond doesn't want to "strip" for
you, plop it back in boiling water for a few more minutes.  Whole,
unblanched almonds seem to retain their flavor and "essence" longer
than those that have been slivered and blanched.

Alys Katharine