SC - Headers for OOP recipes--and other things?

David Friedman ddfr at best.com
Thu Jan 1 22:07:22 PST 1998

Posts to this newsgroup cover a fairly wide range of topics, including
recipes  that are clearly OOP (the recent  Gumbo and Bhangan Barth recipes,
for example), period recipes, food history, feast organization, ...  .
Given how much traffic we have, it might be helpful if we could all make an
effort to use headers that signal the topic--OOP Recipe, IP Recipe, Food
History, etc., thus allowing each person to decide what to read
accordingly. Also, it is useful if you are giving an OOP recipe to say so
in the post, since some people may assume that anything posted is period.
Mordonna started her recipe with "(It may not be exactly "period")", but
some people seem to be assuming that it will be obvious to everyone which
recipes are which.

Of course, we could carry classification by heading even farther--NC for
Renaissance, BG for medieval, Cmg for Curmudgeonly, ...    .

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/