SC - Apricot recipes?(was Byzantine Cooking)

David Friedman ddfr at best.com
Fri Jan 2 10:48:39 PST 1998

>       OK, another query for the list in general, and Aoife in particular.
>I've just been gifted with a couple more pounds of dried apricots, sent by
>relatives in CA. Not being a huge apricot fan--and the ones they send being
>rather tart--I've rarely nibbled these in any quantity and so have quite a few
>bags stashed about. I'd love to find some period recipes to help use them up.

There is a good period Islamic recipe, I think from al-Baghdadi, using
dried apricots, ground almonds, and meat. We did it with lamb this past
Pennsic. Unfortunately, I am currently travelling, and the recipe is at
home; I'll try to remember to post it when we get home if nobody else does.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/