SC - King's taste comments

Crystal A. Isaac crystal at pdr-is.com
Tue Jan 6 17:25:38 PST 1998

Sabia wrote:
major snip
> tomorrow.  Any additional comments are welcomed.  An additional question I
> have is how accurate are the redactions in To the Kings Taste and To the
> Queens Taste?

My big problem with _To the King's Taste_ is the one recipe for
hippocras is really badly done. She does not quote the full source and
uses ingredients (orange zest for example) not mentioned by the source.
However, she does include a beverage recipe unlike most medieval
cookbook authors, so I suppose I shoudn't complain. It's just that her
hippocras recipe is misleading to people entering contests. It's very
difficult to judge someones' documentation whne they have been mislead
by an authority.

Crystal of the Westermark