SC - Soups...

David Friedman ddfr at best.com
Thu Jan 8 21:34:45 PST 1998

>I would be most interested in any info on period soups. My current research
>indicates that period soups/stews (or at least period recipes for the same are
>pretty much the meat-onion-spice combo with no extraneous vegies or other
>ingredients.
>
>Ras

Take a look at the soup section in the _Miscellany_. We have:

A Potage with Turnips
Platina pp. 117-118 (book 7)

Rapes in Potage [or Carrots or Parsnips]
Curye on Inglysch p. 99 (Forme of Cury no. 7)

Potage from Meat
 Platina p. 116 (book 7) (includes breadcrumbs, eggs, and cheese)

Potage of Beans Boiled
Curye on Inglysch p. 77 (Diuersa Servicia no. 81)

Green Broth of Eggs and Cheese
Menagier p. M-22

and others.

David/Cariadoc