SC - Apricot recipes?(w

Marisa Herzog marisa_herzog at macmail.ucsc.edu
Fri Jan 9 09:33:25 PST 1998

                      RE>>SC - Apricot recipes?(was ByzantineÉ     1/9/98

<Snip>>And one last minor querry--it calls for mastic, which I
>would have to mail order. How strong a flavor does mastic have, <snip>It has
a strong flavor and it is similar to turpentine--or, more politely,retsina.
Resiny. We use it in very small quantities <snip>

Would something like juniper berries work as a substitute?  Or a small shot of
Retsina?  Or is it one of this irriplacible things?
- -brid