SC - Steppes 12th Night Report - apologies

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Mon Jan 12 13:55:52 PST 1998

> <BIG Snip >
> > I've taken to calling this my "loaves and fishes" feast. I even had leftovers,
> > though not many. If anybody partook of this feast I would like to know your
> > impressions, both pro and con.
>
> What I received of the feast was delightful.  I was served a slice of
> bread  with honey, carrot & parsnip tart, and collops of beef.  Then
> the Crown met with the laurels.  While I was out, green beens and
> rice were added to my empty plate.  When I returned, the server
> arrived with a custard (I think).
>
> I was looking forward to tasting a bite of each dish, but I never saw
> most of the dishes.  Unfortunately, because I was being very
> discriminate in portion, I ended up at the end needing to
> supplement the feast.  What I did taste was good, making allowances
> for the size of the crowd etc.

I apologize to all the Laurels who were called away for their meeting. I tried
to let as many know as possible that I would feed them once they got back if
they let me know they were there. If you had dropped by or sent someone you
would have recieved your money's worth. Honest!

If the beans and rice were added you should have recieved the other dishes as
well! Bad server!

I am truly sorry to those who did not get all of the feast. I actually consider
it a failure because of this. Thank you for your kind words and I'll try to
make it up to you sometime.

> I just presumed that because of the size of the event, the period
> practice of not serving everyone everything happened.

Not at one of MY feasts, sweetheart!

> Meistres Eowyn ferch Rhys Gyfurdd
> acting Central Regional Seneschal
> residing in the Barony of Elfsea, Ansteorra

Yers,

Gunthar