SC - Above the Salt

kat kat at kagan.com
Tue Jan 13 18:12:43 PST 1998

Murkial, blessed be she, writes:

> A few months ago, we had discussions on Above the salt feasts.  I am
> currently reading "The Original Mediterranean Cuisine" by Barbara
> Santich and she gives a quote I thought was interesting.

<snip really informative excerpt>

> So if you were a cook in these times (this is taken from a Latin text of
> the late thirteenth century) what would you make for an "above the salt
> course"  and then the "below the salt course" for a feast?

Dear lady!  Bless you!!!  This is the info I've been desperately looking for, both this list and in various borrowed reading sources, for months!!!

To any who answer this thread, my apologies in advance for possibly stealing some of your ideas.  This IS the feast I'm doing in March, and my menu is still in the prenatal stages due to my complete inability to locate useful data...

Hugs,

	- kat